No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
- Documentation Knowledge
- Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip); Driver logbook
- Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s license
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Reliability; Organized