Are you an exceptional Caregiver?
Looking for experienced Registered Care Aides, Caregiver or Foreign Trained Nurse. Applicants should be able to provide current First Aid/CPR certificate as well as medication management certificate. A valid BC drivers license, and owning a vehicle is an asset but not required.
We are a private, family owned, company committed to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of seniors by personalizing care and paying attention to details. We are looking for an exceptionally compassionate and caring individual to provide various in-home services including personal care, homemaking and companionship for our client.
This position reports to the Care Supervisor and is responsible to provide care as per the Care Plan. Home Care Assistant constantly monitors and evaluates opportunities to improve care and communicates client needs to the Care Supervisor. Home Care Assistant also practices to reflect Compassion Senior Care’s Missions and Values.
- Assistance with activities of daily living / personal care,
- housekeeping duties incl. vacuuming, laundry and dish washing,
- Meal planning and preparation,
- Medication reminders,
- Transportation to and from appointments – medical, shopping and leisure,
- Assisting with mobility,
- Pet care.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years experience in Senior Home Care,
- Health Care Aide certification (or equivalent recognized training/experience)
- First Aid and CPR certificates preferred,
- Food safety course preferred,
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license; clean driving record and a reliable and insured vehicle that can be used for client transportation. Must be able to provide Driving Abstract on hire,
- Valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check,
- Up-to-date Immunization Record,
- Negative TB result check,
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop and lift as needed,
- Must be available to work day or night shifts and be flexible to work extra hours when needed.
- Interest in working with seniors and/or people with disabilities
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive, with a compassionate, caring and friendly attitude
- Willing/able to work in a one-on-one environment with the client
We offer competitive wages, training and ongoing support.
Application deadline: 2020-07-20
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Senior Home Care: 2 years (Required)